Throughout this CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN certain words and phrases are used that have special meanings. These terms appear in boldface type. Their meanings are listed below:
Administrator means the company identified in Section VI. that provides administrative services for this CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN.
Breakdown means the failure of a Covered Part under normal service. A Covered Part has failed when it can no longer perform the function for which it was designed solely because of its condition and not because of the action or inaction of any non-covered parts.
Covered Part(s) means the mechanical and electrical parts and components described under Section II., BREAKDOWN COVERAGE, in this CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN.
Deductible means the amount set forth in the Declaration Section that You are required to pay.
Repair Facility means a Repair Facility engaged in the business or providing mechanical services for automobiles. The Repair Facility must have a tax identification number.
Reasonable Cost means the repair costs that are recognized locally and/or nationally for a similar repair. We may use published parts and labor guides to establish reasonable costs.
We, Us, Ours means the ADMINISTRATOR.
You and Your means the Purchaser shown on the Declaration Section to whom this CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN is issued.
Your Vehicle means the Vehicle which is described on the Declaration Section.
ENTIRE CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN
This CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN does not cover any incidental or consequential damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of use of the vehicle, damages to property, loss of time, loss of profits or loss of income. This CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN does not provide for diminished value regardless of the cause. Moreover it does not cover damage caused by covered parts to non-covered parts or when non-covered parts cause damage to covered parts.
We will pay or reimburse You for Reasonable Costs to repair or replace any Breakdown of a mechanical part listed below (Covered Parts), less any Deductibles You are required to pay. Replacement parts may be new, remanufactured or used parts, at Our sole discretion.
ENGINE: All internally lubricated parts, to include Pistons, Piston Rings and Pins; Crankshaft and Main Bearings; Timing Chain and Timing Gears; Cam Belt; Intake and Exhaust Valves; Valve Springs; Guides; Push Rods; Rocker Arms; Hydraulic Lifters; Rocker Arm Shafts; Oil Pump, Engine Mounts. The Engine Block, Cylinder Barrel(s) and Head(s) are covered if damaged by an internally lubricated part specified above. Rotary Engine: Rotors; Rotor Chamber; Eccentric Shaft and Bearings and all other internal parts of a Rotary Engine.
TURBO/SUPER-CHARGER: All internally lubricated parts and housing. Provided the Surcharge is paid for and the box checked.
TRANSMISSION (AUTOMATIC): All internally lubricated parts including Clutches, Bands, Pump, Drums, Vacuum Modulator, Electronic Shift Control Unit, Transmission Mounts, Valve Body and Torque Converter. Transmission Case only if damaged by an internally lubricated part.
TRANSMISSION (STANDARD): All internally lubricated parts including Main Shaft, Counter Shaft, All Gears, Input Shaft, Synchronizers, Transmission Mounts, Shift Rails and Shift Fork Bearings. Housing is only covered when damaged by an internally lubricated part.
TRANSFER CASE: All internally lubricated parts; 4WD/AWD Locking Hubs. Provided the Surcharge is paid for and the box checked.
FRONT AND REAR WHEEL DRIVE: All internal parts of Final Drive Housing. Constant Velocity Joints; Universal Joints; Drive Shafts, Center Support Bearings. Housing also covered if failure due to above parts.
ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Starter, Wiper Motors, HVAC Blower Motor and Fuel Pump.
COOLING SYSTEM: Water Pump and Radiator.
BRAKES: Master Cylinder, Calipers and Wheel Cylinders.
STEERING: Power Steering Pump and Rack & Pinion.
TOWING: In the event of a repair covered by this CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN, WE will reimburse YOUR receipted expenses not to exceed three hundred dollars ($300.00).
Filters, Lubricants, Coolants, Fluids, Refrigerants, Seals and Gaskets may be covered if replacement is required in connection with a Breakdown.
This CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN is between You and Us, and is subject to all the terms and conditions contained herein:
A. CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN PERIOD:
Coverage under this CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN begins after a thirty (30) day and two hundred fifty (250) mile elimination period after the Vehicle Purchase Date or if Your Vehicle is shipped using a transport company, the delivery date will be beginning date set forth in the Declaration Section and will expire at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on the Expiration Date set forth in the Declaration Section.
B. LIMIT OF LIABILITY:
Our liability for the duration of this CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN shall in no event exceed seventy-five hundred dollars ($7,500).
Two hundred dollars ($200.00).
You may cancel this coverage at any time. A full refund will be given within thirty (30) days of purchase and no claims have been filed. After thirty days or if a claim has been authorized, a pro-rata refund will be issued less any claims authorized and an administrative fee of one-hundred and fifty ($ 150.00) dollars.
A. THIS CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN DOES NOT PROVIDE COVERAGE IF YOUR VEHICLE IS OR WAS USED FOR ANY TYPE OF COMPETITIVE OR PERFORMANCE DRIVING EVENTS.
B. FOR REPAIRS MADE WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL AND AUTHORIZATION FROM THE ADMINISTRATOR.
C. FOR REPAIRS TO ANY PART OR PARTS OF THE DESCRIBED VEHICLE NOT SPECIFICALLY LISTED IN SECTION II., BREAKDOWN COVERAGES, OF THIS CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN.
D. FOR MAINTENANCE SERVICES AND PARTS DESCRIBED IN YOUR VEHICLE'S OWNER MANUAL AS SUPPLIED BY THE MANUFACTURER AND OTHER NORMAL MAINTENANCE SERVICES AND PARTS WHICH INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: ALIGNMENTS, ADJUSTMENTS, CLEANING, WHEEL BALANCING, TUNE-UPS, SPARK PLUGS, SPARK PLUG WIRES, GLOW PLUGS, HOSES, DRIVE BELTS, SHOP SUPPLIES AND ENVIRONMENTAL WASTE CHARGES.
E. FOR DAMAGE AND/OR BREAKDOWN RESULTING FROM COLLISION, ROAD HAZARD, FIRE, THEFT, VANDALISM, RIOT, EXPLOSION, LIGHTNING, EARTHQUAKE, WINDSTORM, VOLCANIC ERUPTION, FREEZING, RUST OR CORROSION, WINDSTORM, HAIL, WATER OR FLOOD, ACTS OF GOD, SALT, ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE, CHEMICALS, CONTAMINATION OF FLUIDS, FUELS, COOLANTS OR LUBRICANTS.
F. FOR ANY BREAKDOWN CAUSED BY MISUSE, ABUSE, NEGLIGENCE, LACK OF SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE REQUIRED BY THE CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN OR THE MANUFACTURER'S MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE FOR YOUR VEHICLE, OR IMPROPER SERVICING OR REPAIRS PERFORMED BY A REPAIR FACILITY. FOR ANY BREAKDOWN CAUSED BY SLUDGE BUILD-UP, LUBRICANT BLOCKAGE OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN PROPER LEVELS OF LUBRICANTS, AND/OR COOLANTS, OR ANY BREAKDOWN RESULTING FROM FAILURE TO PROTECT YOUR VEHICLE FROM FURTHER DAMAGE WHEN A BREAKDOWN HAS OCCURRED.
G. FOR ANY REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY COVERED PART IF A BREAKDOWN HAS NOT OCCURRED OR IF THE WEAR ON THAT PART HAS NOT EXCEEDED THE PUBLISHED FIELD TOLERANCES ALLOWED BY THE MANUFACTURER.
H. FOR ANY LOSS, CLAIM OR SERVICE OBLIGATION WHICH ARISES FROM OR IS IN ANY MANNER RELATED TO THE FAILURE OF ANY COMPUTER, COMPUTER CHIP, COMPUTERIZED COMPONENT, COMPUTER SOFTWARE OR OTHER MACHINE OR PRODUCT TO RECOGNIZE DATA, PERFORM OPERATIONS OR CALCULATIONS, OPERATE PROPERLY OR PERFORM AS EXPECTED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOSS, CLAIM OR SERVICE OBLIGATION INVOLVING MISCALCULATIONS, INTERFERENCE WITH OR DAMAGE TO EXISTING DATA, LOSS OF DATA, OR INABILITY TO OPERATE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH FAILURE OCCURS IN EQUIPMENT OWNED OR USED BY YOU OR OTHERS.
I. FOR REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF A COVERED PART THAT IS COVERED BY AN INSURANCE POLICY, SUPPLIER OR REPAIRER GUARANTEE/WARRANTY, MANUFACTURER AND/OR DEALER CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM OR ANY WARRANTY FROM THE MANUFACTURER OF THE VEHICLE AND/OR FOR A BREAKDOWN OF A COVERED PART IF THE MANUFACTURER HAS ANNOUNCED ITS RESPONSIBILITY TO REPAIR OR REPLACE THE PART THROUGH ANY MEANS, INCLUDING PUBLIC RECALLS AND FACTORY SERVICE BULLETINS.
J. IF YOUR VEHICLE IS USED FOR TOWING OR HAULING A TRAILER, OR ANOTHER VEHICLE OR OBJECT, UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH FACTORY INSTALLED OR FACTORY AUTHORIZED TOW PACKAGE AND THE ITEMS TOWED OR HAULED DID NOT EXCEED THE MANUFACTURER'S RATED CAPACITY.
K. IF YOUR VEHICLE IS USED FOR RACING OR COMPETITIVE DRIVING: COMMERCIAL OR FARMING PURPOSES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: DELIVERY OR ROUTE WORK; REPAIR OR SERVICE; RENTAL; TAXI, LIMOUSINE OR SHUTTLE SERVICES; ROAD REPAIR OPERATIONS; CONSTRUCTION; JOB SITE ACTIVITIES; POLICE OR EMERGENCY SERVICE; COMPRESSED NATURAL GAS VEHICLES, EQUIPPED WITH NITROUS OXIDE, PRINCIPALLY OFF-ROAD USE; SNOW REMOVAL; OR IS USED BY MULTIPLE DRIVERS. ANY DAMAGE WHICH IS PRE-EXSISTING.
L. FOR ANY BREAKDOWN THAT OCCURS AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THIS CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN.
M. FOR ANY BREAKDOWN IF THE REPAIR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU OR THE REPAIR FACILITY IS NOT TRUE.
N. FOR BREAKDOWNS THAT OCCUR TO YOUR VEHICLE AND REPAIRS THAT ARE MADE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA OR CANADA.
FILING A CLAIM
If Your Vehicle incurs a Breakdown, You must take the following steps to file a claim:
1. Prevent Further Damage - Take immediate action to prevent further damage. This CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN will not cover the damage caused by Your failure to secure a prompt repair or replacement of the failed part.
2. Take Your Vehicle to a Repair Facility - If Your Vehicle breaks down, take Your Vehicle to a Repair Facility.
3. Provide the Repair Facility with a Copy of Your CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN.
4. Obtain Authorization from the Administrator - Prior to any repair being made, instruct the Repair Facility to contact the Administrator to obtain an authorization for the claim. Any repairs made without prior authorization will not be covered. The Administrator can be contacted Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time at 1-855-338-1819. No claims will be paid without prior authorization from the Administrator.
The amount authorized by the Administrator is the maximum amount that will be paid for repairs covered under the terms of this CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN. Any additional amount must receive prior approval.
5. Authorize Tear-Down and/or Inspection - In some cases, You may need to authorize the Repair Facility to inspect and/or tear-down Your Vehicle in order to determine the cause and cost of the repair. You will be responsible for these charges if the failure is not covered under this CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN. We reserve the right to require an inspection of Your Vehicle prior to any repair being made.
6. Review Coverage - After the Administrator has been contacted, review with the Repair Facility what will be covered by this CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN and what portions of the repair (if any) will not be covered.
7. Pay Any Applicable Deductible - We will reimburse the Repair Facility or You for the cost of the repair work performed on Your Vehicle that is covered by this CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN and previously authorized, less any Deductible. Once authorization is obtained and the repair is completed, all repair orders and documentation must be submitted to the Administrator within thirty (30) days to be eligible for payment. You must pay for any repair that is not covered by this CARE+ PROTECTION PLAN.
8. Proof of Service and/or Repair - To obtain payment for a covered repair You, or the Repair Facility must submit a legible copy or original repair order and all related invoices to the Administrator. Repair orders must be readable and understandable, with customer complaint and repair diagnosis, parts, labor hours, vehicle identification number, date, vehicle mileage, Your name and signature, repair facility name, address and phone number, repair totals, Deductible (if applicable), and method of payment to satisfy the repair order.
PROTECT ADMINISTRATION CORPORATION, LTD
5195 HAMPSTED VILLAGE CENTER WAY SUITE 119
NEW ALBANY, OHIO 43054
** This is not a contract. Please refer to the applicable contract for specific terms and conditions. **